Please note that the work on this blog is the copyright of the writers and may not be reproduced without their permission.

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Storm -- by Mimitig



photo by James W Young from www.spaceweather.com

Summer
Bruised dark purple sky
Threatening violence
Flashes dark across the clouds
Lightning fuels bruises
Reel against the violence
Of the weather
Rain hurls itself
Against the window
No way out
Gutters weep, cry and echo
Inside
Blows and tears leave me weak
Crying for my past

 

9 comments:

ringo37 said...

"Gutters weep, cry and echo"

That's very very good, I think, Mimi.

Zephirine said...

It's very vivid, Mimi. I would say very striking, but that might sound like a bad pun on 'lightning'!

guitou said...

bad pun on lightning:thanks a million watts for taking the pressure of me Zeph.
Mimi, I found it Very Rimbaud* with a Lightening Storm picture creating dramatic visual poetry.
* "Descente en Enfer"

mimi said...

Well, gui, you can disguise hell in French, but we all know about the descent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4lHWn7t_y0

Make it a double.

offsideinthestorm said...

Damn right, mimi, the weather has taken a turn for the worst down here too.

munni said...

I especially like the bruises and the gutters. Very good, and a bit disconcerting as I've got the windows wide open, and here it only just got really summery.

Meltonian said...

Strongly expressed, and a bit uncomfortable.

I expect the forecast was sun and light showers.

offsideonthego said...

NCE -> CDG -> LAX -> PPT

Hope we don't get too many storms.

See ya.

mimi said...

So kind of you all to comment. It was Zeph's picture.